Our Vision - a caring community - living and learning together for the future
- A supportive environment.
- Acknowledging individual needs.
- Encouraging self-discipline.
- Real life learning
- Working relationships.
- Flexible teaching practices.
- Relevant and engaging curricula
- Achieving desired outcomes.
- Positive feedback.
Our aim is that when our students leave at the end of their primary education, they will:
Have an understanding of themselves, others and their environment through:
- Personal well being (physical, mental and emotional).
- Self knowledge through reflection.
- Having positive self-concept.
Be effective communicators by using:
- Appropriate social skills.
- Cooperative team skills.
- Tolerance and respect for differences.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Flexible/adaptive skills in literacy, numeracy and technology.
Be knowledgeable, complex and creative thinkers by being:
- Risk takers and problem solvers.
- Divergent, analytical, critical and innovative thinkers.
- Researchers/ information gatherers.
Be self directed learners able to participate as active community members by being:
- Active/motivated investigators.
- Life long learners.
- Achievable goal setters.
- Positive with work attitudes.
- Reflective learners and critical questioners.
- Productive citizens.
- Flexible and able to operate independently and as team members.
- Able to handle change positively.
- Understanding of their own beliefs and values that guide actions.